Find Your Job
Looking for flexibility in your work schedule? In search of your next career path? Seeking more competitive pay?
Explore your employment opportunities with Snelling St. Louis.
The Accounting Manager holds many responsibilities. They oversee and handle the day-to-day
operations of a team of 5 accounting associates, which requires advanced accounting
knowledge, comfortability with technology, and significant management experience. We
measure the success of the person in this role by the success of the team they are coaching
and managing. These coaching and managing activities include:
● Manage a team of 5 accounting associates. Track team-wide tasks and upcoming
deadlines, and coordinate with staff to ensure that your team has the tools they need to
complete each task correctly and on time.
● Provide technical and social support to the team while developing each staff member to
their full potential and efficiency.
● Professional development of the team, including providing in-service training on
technical advances in non-profit accounting.
● Regularly evaluate each employee and provide timely, honest feedback. Hold team
members accountable to deadlines, quality, and client service standards.
● Analyze and manage client profitability. Report feedback to company leadership.
● Periodically check-in with clients to assess client satisfaction and address issues.
● Review client financial statements, as prepared by accounting associates, on a monthly
basis to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP.
● Serve as a CFO and ‘thought leader’ for clients. Provide clients with answers to their
accounting questions and communicate proactively when accounting problems are
● Provide support to clients in preparing annual budgets, cash flow forecasts, and other
● Ensure that client financial statements are accurate and ‘audit-ready’ prior to the
commencement of financial statement audits. Serve as a liaison between the clients and
● Review 990 drafts, as prepared by accounting associates, to ensure accuracy and
compliance with IRS rules.
● Present periodic financial information to clients and boards of directors.
● Research and continue education in all areas of accounting and technology used
internally and by clients.
● Onboard new employees and ensure their successful transition to the company.
● Interview candidates for new positions.
● Lead staff meetings and training.
● Bachelor’s in Accounting or Accounting-Related Field
● CPA license (preferred)
● 3-5 years experience in full cycle accounting or public accounting as an auditor or
● 1-2 years of nonprofit accounting experience (preferred)
● 2-4 years of successfully building and managing a team (with favor to the higher end of
● Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
● Proficiency with any accounting software
● Excellent critical thinking skills
● Advanced accounting knowledge
● Local to Saint Louis or willing to relocate