Find Your Job
Looking for flexibility in your work schedule? In search of your next career path? Seeking more competitive pay?
Explore your employment opportunities with Snelling St. Louis.
Customer Service Representative
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform accurate web-based computer intakes, assessments and referrals. Ensure that necessary information is gathered to assess individual and family needs and determine eligibility for services. Maintain accurate and thorough documentation on the computer and in paper files.
- Make appropriate referrals and follow up on status, including completing paperwork and applications for various Agency programs.
- Maintain customer-service attitude at all times, handling customer issues in a friendly, patient, respectful and professional manner.
- Provide food orders to customers and assist in maintaining a clean, well-functioning food pantry. This includes maintaining cleanliness, ordering food, assisting with pickups and stocking shelves.
- Provide front-desk coverage during breaks, lunches and absences of Receptionist. This includes answering a multi-line telephone, directing calls to correct staff members, and providing assistance to customers.
- May assist with teaching and/or facilitating life skills classes.
- Perform general office duties, including typing, filing and copying.
- Assist with Agency events, including Resource Fairs, Poverty Simulations, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job duties.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
- Prefer previous customer service experience in a direct, face-to-face capacity.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience operating a multi-line telephone system
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with low-income customers
- Basic math skills
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.