Find Your Job
Looking for flexibility in your work schedule? In search of your next career path? Seeking more competitive pay?
Explore your employment opportunities with Snelling St. Louis.
Director of Finance
Are you a dynamic Finance and Accounting leader looking to help a company catapult it's growth? Do you want to get in on the ground level of something big? This might be the position for you. Our client is seeking a Director of Finance position to lead the growth and development of their portfolio of properties. The successful individual will oversee both the accounting and finance departments. The position requires a candidate that is ambitious and motivated to grow these departments as the company scales. The Director of Finance requires a strong blend of accounting and finance skills, allowing efficient communication between all departments, including asset management, property management, accounting, analysts, equity investors, debt partners, etc. Experience in debt and equity structuring and modeling is preferred. The client is a growing private equity real estate firm currently scaling a strategy focused on acquiring strip shopping centers in small markets across the US.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Manage and develop the accounting department
- Oversee all accounting functions including property level, fund accounting, operating company, etc., including, and not limited to, Corporate and property budgeting, company, and investor distributions, coordinating company and entity tax returns.
- Establish and maintain lending relationships
- Source and negotiate loans for acquisitions and refinances
- Oversee and coordinate investment modeling for new acquisitions and property health
- Monitor property and investment health for Asset Management
- Strategize with the executive team and execute on the growth of the Finance/Accounting departments
- Managing construction budgets
- Manage investor reporting and fund administration.
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience
- Thorough understanding of investment modeling, accounting practices, and debt and equity structuring for private equity and/or real estate
- Ability and desire to lead and grow this division
- Ambitious and strategic thinker