Find Your Job
Looking for flexibility in your work schedule? In search of your next career path? Seeking more competitive pay?
Explore your employment opportunities with Snelling St. Louis.
Job Title: Fabricator I Job Classification: Hourly
At a glance:
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Fabricator to join the OCL Team in St. Louis, MO. A Fabricator uses a variety of hand and power tools and machines to cut, bend or punch pieces of material to match engineering drawings in an accurate and timely manner.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to accurately read a tape measure and dial calipers.
- Operates all machinery in the fabrication department that may include:
- Punch press, Shears (manual/hydraulic), Break form, Roll form, Band Saws (horizontal/vertical/circular), Right Angle Grinder, Drills (hand/stationary), Air tools
- Operation of a Mill and Lathe is preferred, set up not required.
- Ability to grind and blend welds on countered surfaces.
- Able to accurately layout a part from an engineering drawing
- Demonstrates leadership in safety related issues. Responsible for thorough knowledge of appropriate safety practices; must wear appropriate PPE and follow all safety policies and practices.
- Must be able to differentiate between material types (Aluminum, Steel, and Brass).
- Fabricators must be able to load and unload materials within a warehouse utilizing a hand truck
- Prepare parts from fabrication to travel to assembly, or secondary process by packaging padding, or strapping to prevent shifting/damage during transport
- Complete production paperwork to document material consumed, wasted and produced as well as time needed to complete.
- Make sure Production area is clean and organized, free from food, waste, trash and any hazard that may cause an injury or inhibit a safe working environment.
- Must be able to rotate task as needed.
- Must be accountable for own quality and efficiency of work.
- High School Graduate or Equivalent, Vocational Certificate preferred
- Min 1 year experience in fabrication. Experience with precision measuring tools (caliper, micrometer, measuring tape)
- Highly detail oriented Able to perform repetitive job functions; hand mobility, bending, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Able to work a flexible work schedule
- Manual dexterity required for operating various hand tools
- Strong mechanical aptitude and assembly skill
- Willingness to learn
- Must have knowledge in operating hand and power tools common to the fabrication trade.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Able to stand the entire work shift