Find Your Job
Looking for flexibility in your work schedule? In search of your next career path? Seeking more competitive pay?
Explore your employment opportunities with Snelling St. Louis.
• Prepare and process billings for various Project Managers including all required documentation; 2nd and 3rd tier lien waivers, MBE/WBE reporting, and job cost backup.
• T&M billing tasks; Monitor incoming work orders, tabulate and verify job costs on work orders and in Vista. Ensure labor rates and tool rental rates are current/accurate. Ensure markups for profit/overhead are accurate.
• Review contracts for required billing, lien waiver, and other accounting-related responsibilities.
• Set up and maintain job information in Vista, including phase codes, cost estimates, billing templates, contracts, change orders, and job closings. Managing the job billing cycle from start to finish.
• Assist Project Managers with other job cost-related tasks and reporting.
• Manage routing of contracts by working with Project Managers, Accounting team, customers, and insurance broker to ensure contracts are processed in a timely manner.
• Prepare, collect, and monitor all appropriate lien waivers necessary for the release of payments.
• Monitor accounts receivable status.
• Supervise billing status of all projects.
• Lead day-to-day processes of the Billing team.
• Work with Project Managers to prepare customer billing rates.
• Provide project financial support and analysis for projects.
• Lead job audits.
• Review subcontractor invoices and required supporting documentation, and recommend for approval or rejection to Project Manager.
• Review check runs to ensure subcontractors are paid within terms.
• Provide guidance on correct accounting classifications of project costs as well as ensure proper application of sales & use tax rules.
• Perform additional duties as directed by the Accounting Manager, VP of Finance, and CFO.
• Strong attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
Page 2 of 2
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to prioritize in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and demonstrate high levels of self-initiation and direction.
• Willingness to foster effective team relationships to contribute towards the success of the project.
• Mindset to continuously examine processes and procedures, improving where possible.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience.
• Construction accounting experience is required.
• Bachelor's or Associates degree preferred.
• Vista experience a plus.
• Intermediate Excel skills.