Find Your Job
Looking for flexibility in your work schedule? In search of your next career path? Seeking more competitive pay?
Explore your employment opportunities with Snelling St. Louis.
Sr. Financial Analyst
Snelling is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst; based in our client's headquarters in Chesterfield, Missouri. This position will be involved with researching, documenting, and after approval, working with leadership to implement the new finance/accounting business model and bring business excellence to Finance & Accounting through cross-functional teams. Our client is in the midst of a significant business and financial system upgrade and this role will be responsible for enhancing and developing how the organization works with the new systems to optimize our finance and accounting processes. In this role, you will play an important role in empowering the organization to improve productivity through digital transformation and system optimization. This position is responsible for business process optimization and documentation, validation of accounting control requirements and challenge the status quo, achieve efficiencies on existing processes and the other support projects as assigned by Company leadership.
- Develop a deep and holistic understanding of the company, its business, and processes, as well as our competitive differentiators that drive value throughout the organization and for our customers
- Maintain alignment with the organization’s strategic vision, plan, and architectural roadmap by utilizing your knowledge, skills, and analytical abilities to ensure successful and timely execution of assigned tasks, projects, goals, and objectives
- Review and analyze the organization's financial systems for accounting and drive continuous process improvement:
- Coordinate with other business areas for cross-functional efficiencies
- Work with leadership, managers, and other employees to ensure that the plan is clear and can be applied quickly and efficiently
- Develop and administer training for these improvements
- Take ownership of the company’s financial planning and analysis processes, including the development of the annual plan, maintenance of rolling forecasts, budget vs. actual analysis, management of accrual vs. cash-basis accounting interactions, and cash flow forecasting
- Design and implement internal controls over financial reporting and information technology platforms, which ensure finance/accounting systems are fit-for-purpose, adequately maintained, and cost-effective
- Document and memorialize business processes, focused on accounting and finance functions while understanding the integration across our business’s core competencies.
- Forecast expected results of process changes, analyze implemented changes, and make further adjustments to workflow, schedules, or other processes, as required
- Understand the end-to-end business process, influence priorities, and provide solutions to enable effective decision-making across Finance/Accounting and the overall organization
- Implement and enhance informational technology platforms with the goal to achieve efficiency, data quality, and an agile operating model that can adapt to an evolving business environment
- Proactively research industry best practices and understand internal system integration to make appropriate recommendations for the company’s integrated ERP system
- Engage outside vendors to streamline information transfers which will drive internal process efficiencies
- Support Accounting team with monthly, quarterly, and annual financial processes, along with stepping in to assist accounting team with high priority tasks, as directed by leadership
- Work independently and with team members to understand database integration and business processes and perform ad-hoc system performance analyses and reports as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field
- MBA and/or CPA a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of Finance/Accounting experience
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong Finance and Accounting skills with the ability to understand and analyze complex problems
- Process flow and process documentation, particularly creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel. Prior experience with Accounting Software preferred.
- Effective presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills to facilitate streamlined decision-making by executive leadership and comfort communicating with all levels of the organization
- Consulting experience (internal or external), a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and high-pressure work environment